.

The means ARE the ends

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Just tired

Tired of being a woman in this society. Tired of seeing nothing but perfect bodies, hair, makeup, teeth, and clothing and feeling like I'm never going to be beautiful enough. Tired of feeling dumpy and frazzly. Tired of being alone and feeling lonely. I was sitting here watching some mindless makeover TV show and found myself wishing that I could be that woman. The one who gets herself totally resculpted into a beautiful figure, flawless teeth, exquisite hair, and gorgeous face. Just to go and get everything done and not have to worry about it anymore (other than maintenance).

That's why I hate being a woman in America - because there is so much media telling me how beautiful I'm not that I can almost never remember how beautiful I am. It's hard to remember that I don't want to be that surgically altered person and that I like who I am. I want feeling good about myself not to be so hard.

Speaking my peace @ 9:05 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |