.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Ranting about the garage guy

[NOTE: This is a rant. It is probably rather stupid and pointless but it's my blog and I'll rant when I want to.]

Where I live there are two small garage/storage buildings. According to my landlord, these buildings have been rented out to a guy (I'll call him GG for garage guy) for an incredibly long amount of time. Mr. Landlord said it would take quite a bit of money, time, and effort to get rid of him, hence, he stays. I would not give a rat's ass about this except for one thing: my motorcycle.

I don't want to park it in the street so I originally parked it in the driveway in front of one of the garages. The buildings sit one behind the other, there's a driveway in front of the first one and a small concrete area behind the first one, in front of the second one. Well, GG complained that my bike was blocking his access to bldg #1 and that I needed to move it. I never saw the SOB even out here but I complied and moved it to the space between the two bldgs.

Since I was riding a lot to school this summer, I was parking on the street but, when school was out, I moved back to the driveway in front of bldg #1. I moved it to that driveway because not one time had I seen GG around - not once! The bike has been there at least 6 weeks, and GG has been out here quite a bit lately, but back in bldg #2 so no prob.

Until yesterday. Yesterday, my landlord sent me email that GG was whining about my bike being all in his way - that he couldn't get to his bldg. That stupid motherfucker. I parked the bike at least 8 feet away from the door so he could easily open it and get in and out. It was right next to the fence so it wasn't taking up a lot of room in front of the door. Hell yes - I was pissed (still am).

Well, GG was out there today so I asked what was up. He just mumbled some stupidity about the bike 'sticking out so far' and implied that I was stopping him from moving stuff in and out of the bldg. What? I said "But the bike is there now and your truck is parked right next to it - with plenty of room to open the door and take stuff in and out." He just muttered some more about it stuck out too far and he couldn't move stuff. What a goddamn fucking control freak moron.

When I emailed my landlord to let him know about the unexciting exchange, he made sure to tell me that GG had been there a lot longer than me - as if that mattered. The guy rents the BUILDINGS - not the driveways. Also, the fucker doesn't live here. If my landlord had any sort of spine, he'd simply tell the guy he has to come up with a schedule of days we keep the driveway clear or just suck it up. At any rate, I've moved my bike, albeit with much cussing, name-calling, and ill-will.

Yes - I realize this is a stupid, pointless, waste of my time. Yes, I realize that GG is probably a nice guy. Yes, I realize that my landlord probably has to work hard to balance tenant needs against this renter's long term lease. Fuck all that. I'm pissed because this guy just seems to want to tell me where I can and can't park my bike and my landlord's a spineless wimp. ARGH!

Speaking my peace @ 4:20 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |