.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Online dating and silliness in general

I have to admit - I love online dating! It's fun, cheap, and you have a *much* bigger selection to choose from. However, I have to also say that I find some of the stuff people say highly amusing and sometimes just plain mystifying. I mean really - do you think someone's going to actually self-admit to being either codependent, a drama queen, into head games, or emotionally dysfunctional? Here are some of the more entertaining phrases I've come across:

  • "curious to finding out more about what women are Really looking for, Beyond pretentious superficial and the closely guarded truth/reality"
  • "If you are pretty, NOT overweight "
  • "i'm not weird, psycho, or cootie-strikken"
  • "I'm not looking to meet someone who doesn't know how to enjoy life or not sure on what she wants in life"
  • "44 year recovering from flamed out relationship"
  • "I like to work in the garage on my Jeep project"
  • "I’m NOT an alpha male - and find that breed to be pitifully insecure"
  • "that was recently very hurt from a LONG term relationship"
  • "Looking for a real woman"
  • "no lies drunks or tweekers "
  • "I,m looking for one good one thought I had one but she could not even be honest with herself but still care and love her allthough will never see or talk to her again"

================================
Here's a list of requirements that I found on someone's personal ad:

"Now here's what i'm looking for in you:
1. Please be exceptionally cute as well as in shape (a couple extra pounds is fine, but by that I don't mean 20+ )
2. Please be smart (an opinion of your own to me is worth more than any book can offer, even if books can help formulate opinions)
3. Please be happy (I like positive energy and don't feel like I should be entirely responsible for your happiness)
4. Please be monogamous (respect for the other person is essential)
5. Please be active (bonus if you can ride a bike) "
=================================
I only included the first few reqs - there were about ten total - and I was duly impressed with the length and depth of his requirements. I feel a bit sorry for any woman who tries to form a relationship with this person, however, because there's no way they can ever get all the boxes checked.

Speaking my peace @ 7:52 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |