.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, July 16, 2004

Revelations

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I did a live interview with TVSet for the conference I helped organize.  The only reason I bring this up is because I stayed up last night to watch the taped show and I saw something unexpected.  I saw myself and I realized that I do not look like a white person.
 
For my one reader, I realize it may seem odd to hear me say that but it's true.  I absolutely look multi-racial, although I could be a mix of any number of races.  For the record, my biological father was Afghanistanian so I'm half mid-east, half whatever (I think American Indian and German).  Watching the show, however, it seemed so obvious to me.  It was unexpected, I guess, because I see myself all the time and I've never 'been outside' myself before.  Definitely an interesting experience.
 
I also realized that I do have a very slight, very soft Southern accent.  That's a hard thing to admit but I can't deny it anymore - the South did leave its mark on me.

Speaking my peace @ 6:58 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |