.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Native Americans

I'm watching a show on 60 Minutes II on diabetes and Native Americans (the Pima tribe). It appears that in the past 60/70 years obesity in the Native American population is growing at a staggering rate and diabetes in people over 30 is growing at over 50% (the 'normal' population rate is 6%) a year (I think per year).

From an energetic standpoint, diabetes is often a 3rd chakra disease - reflecting serious issues around personal identity, ego, and sense of self. If this is true, in these cases, it's certainly no wonder. Are there people in America who have been more thoroughly robbed, raped, displaced, spat on, disrespected, and basically shit on? I realize that blacks have possibly had similar experiences, but it's happened to Native Americans on their own land - land that they lived with for thousands of years. Which is the greater crime - violating a people in their homeland or removing them and then violating them?

Obesity, in this instance, seems a protective device - layers and layers of slow-vibrating energy that are accumulated as protection against whatever they feel is attacking them. I guess there's any number of things that can be seen as attacking them - society, American culture, American government, and so on. I can't even begin to imagine how scared and angry they feel.

I haven't posted much about energetic communication recently but I've had numerous opportunities to observe, interact, and notice a wide variety of energy dynamics in a lot of different situations. I'll try to remember and post my observations more frequently.

Speaking my peace @ 8:26 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |