.

The means ARE the ends

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Offerings

I just saw a commercial that walks the viewer through using a beer and onion broth to simmer bratwurst sausages just before grilling. "Pretty darn commonplace" I can hear my loyal reader grumbling. True, but the funny bit is this: The male chef successfully grills the aforementioned brats, puts them in buns, loads on the condiments, and then offers the plate to his lady o' choice for her beaming approval.

I just thought this was a hysterical twist on the ancient 'hunter-gatherer' way of life. I thought about our male ancestors coming home after a long day hunting and offering the bloody carcasses to the women, hoping for the same beaming smile of approval.

Could it be considered progress that the modern day chef cooked his 'prey' and served it himself?

Speaking my peace @ 2:38 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |