.

The means ARE the ends

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Chilling

11/29/03 - NOTE - I finished reading the article after I posted this comment and have a bit of trouble relating to some of the stuff he said. Can't really tell which side this guy is rooting for...

Just read this scary article that discusses General Franks' doubts about whether our Constitution would survive a wmd attack on the US. Before completely disregarding that idea, let's think about all the alternatives. I'm no political scholar in any way but it seems there's got to be a better way than going directly to military rule. Anyone have any ideas?

As a second thought what, if anything, are we doing now to prevent such an attack? I don't mean beefing up airport security or ballistic missle defense systems, I mean on an international relationship scale? Are we doing anything to address and find solutions to the problems that create terrorist-friendly environments? Are we doing anything to address the problems of countries who hate us b/c we're arrogant and greedy? It's funny - I know there are hundreds of thousands of individual Americans who are working internationally and nationally to try and help but all that positive and loving energy doesn't seem to be doing much to hold off the hostility Bush's imperialistic attitude is generating.

Speaking my peace @ 6:49 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |