.

The means ARE the ends

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The joys of a temp job

are fleeting and short-lived. Well, actually, temping is kind of fun but it's seriously getting a bit old. I like where I'm working, like the people I work with, but the work is so far from challenging it's laughable. Developing the little database was fun but that's pretty much done (except some minor cleanup work before I leave) and now it's all boring, routine data collection and entry. ugh. Repititious and tedious. Are those words synonyms, redundant in their concurrant usage? Probably.

I'm turning to writing as my only avenue of escape from the boredom. My friends all work jobs that keep their attention and they don't have the endless stretches of tedium I do so I can't foist myself onto them for entertainment. I am enjoying having the summer off from school though. In fact, I've lately been wondering if I'm even going to be capable of doing another year. The thought of going back and plunging back into coursework and mentoring is unimaginable at the moment.

Maybe the tedium of this job will make all that other work seem desirable...

Speaking my peace @ 9:16 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |