.

The means ARE the ends

Saturday, May 28, 2005

My poor, tainted compost

I just realized today that someone else who lives in the apartment complex has tainted my compost barrel with (probably) meat. This is the first composting I've done and it started smelling pretty bad a week or so ago when the weather started warming up. I knew it was going to be a bit smelly but didn't realize there was something wrong. Anyway, I spoke with a few people this week and am now firmly convinced that someone else deserves some severe dirty looks for their evil deed.

As if it weren't enough that my compost attempt was foiled, my Grumpy Neighbor has made it a point to comment, quite loudly, about the smell every time he walks past my apartment. I would go over & let him know that it's not my fault but he'd probably just scream at me and be mean so I'm keeping quiet.

So guess what I did to rectify the situation? Yep, you got it. I bought some heavy duty gloves, a face mask, put on some ratty clothes and then...






keep reading...






just a little further...







I put a heavy duty trashbag in my garbage can, picked up the vomitous & fecal-smelling compost barrel, and emptied into the trashbag.

Yes

I

did.


It was FOUL.


'nuff said.

Speaking my peace @ 12:41 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |