.

The means ARE the ends

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Choosing where to shop is a privilege

Did you ever think about where you like to shop? I suppose most people do. But did you ever realize that not all people have the luxury of choosing to shop at a department store over Wal Mart? There are lots of people who shop at Wal Mart because it's the cheapest thing around and they can't afford to shop elsewhere. I was thinking about this when I was looking over the Choose Blue list of stores.

Aside from the fact that shopping at *only* places that support Democratic candidates is still extremely problematic (b/c the Dems are also part of the "big money/big gov't" problem), a lot the places that support Dems are either more expensive or can't be found everywhere.

blech. I appreciate the "shop blue" sentiment but I don't really see the Dems doing anything to help people really increase their standard of living that much. Of course, the Dems aren't gonna be doing much the next four years anyway, given the way the election is turning out. I have to wonder how much good anyone's gonna be able to do for a while after this regime is out of office - seems like they'll be spending their time trying to recover, not move forward.

Speaking my peace @ 7:54 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |