.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, July 18, 2004

tidbittles

I wish she was my congresswoman!  In fact, I wish more of our politicians had her intellects and guts, period.  Apparently, no one is safe from her wrath, however, and that may detract from her credibility.  She's said some things that we all think but she may have directed her comments at the wrong people.
 
Holy schmoly - I'm not sure what to think about this report.  This is what happens when coporate ways of doing business merge with terrorist interests - clearly communited problem defining and solution proposing that makes terrorism sound like a somewhat logical business venture.  At the very least- depending on its accuracy - it gives a reasonably clear picture of events and details surrounding Al Qaida's operations.  More importantly, for me anyway, it details some of their motivations and broad strategies.  I wonder just how accurate it is...
 
Recapping Abu Grhaib and then finding out that even MORE reprehensible things happened and are (big surprise) being withheld from the public by our government.
 
We can all thank the Whitehouse for letting us know about Saddam's brutality.  Hmmm...looks like our people might have taken these stories as inspiration.
 
Once again, America demonstrates its moral and religious superiority by punishing the rest of the world for trying to plan families.
 
At least someone is trying to uncover and round up terrorists!  Apparently Americans are too busy torturing civilians to actually fight terrorism.  Remember this - if Bush starts going on about Iran being a terrorist haven.
  
This isn't too surprising - especially considering the Bush administration's medieval attitude toward women.  If I weren't so anti-violence and pro-peace, I might consider it myself.
 
So who's shocked by the idea of doctors getting kickbacks from companies who profit when doctors recommend drugs?  I just wonder who came up with the whole cholesterol scam?

YES!!!  International oversight in the upcoming election would be okay in my book.  The less chance Bushco has to steal another election the better.  Allowing inspection monitors in might also help our reputation in the international community.

Another great musing on the upcoming election and our responsibilities as citizens.

Speaking my peace @ 9:30 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |