.

The means ARE the ends

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Relief!

Okay, I was lured out here under false pretenses.  I was told Portland was rainy, cool, temperate, etc.  In the five months I've been here, I've seen almost no rain, nary a drop.  It's been sunny, dry, and, for the most part, hot.  We went several weeks with pretty moderate temperatures but the last 4-5 weeks have been ICKY!
 
90 degrees + no AC =  hot, sweaty, stinky, and sluggish.  Talk about weather designed to make you feel as fat as humanly possible, all the time...
 
Well, the whole reason I wrote this little post was to celebrate the purchase of my new Lasko Windbox 30.  A small, 12" fan that is currently saving my life.  I never realized how much difference a pretty, little silver fan could make to my comfort.  It was worth the $20 - and more.
 
Viva la fan!

Speaking my peace @ 1:18 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |