.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

New camera

I just bought a Yashica Copal-MXV, a twin lens reflex camera. I think it's about 30-40 yrs old and it's completely cool! I went out to the Wooden Shoe Bulb company and shot several rolls of film of all the tulips in bloom. It was a great trip and I'll post some of the pics on my website when I get them back. By the way - the camera referenced on the link isn't the same as mine but it's close. I couldn't find a lot of information about my camera.

I had an odd problem crop up, however: Two of the rolls of film I used didn't advance properly after I loaded the camera. The film winder is supposed to advance the film one frame and then stop but the winder kept advancing the film. I ended up winding through a whole roll of film before I realized what happened (I'll go get it rerolled). I shot another roll with no trouble but then ran into the same problem with the last roll. I'm going to drop back by the camera store & find out what they have to say about it.

yay!

Speaking my peace @ 10:30 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |