.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

tax time

I'm having H&R Block do my taxes again this year and I'm pretty happy with them. The same lady who did my returns last year is doing them again and she's pretty 'on the job'. However, I've also reaching a part in The People's History (Zinn) that talks about Thoreau not paying his taxes as a protest against the Mexican War. He had to spend one night in jail, I wonder what would happen to me if I didn't pay? If one night in jail was the only penalty, I'd be willing to do it I think. However, I'm thinking that today's penalty would be a bit harsher and I'd end up paying anyway. Not sure if I have the guts to fight that fight.

I'm going to think long and hard over the next year or so about how I can significantly reduce my taxable income.

Speaking my peace @ 1:17 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |