.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, January 30, 2004

Bad day

today has been a bad day. the badness started with the death of an innocent phone yesterday, paused for a bit when I went riding and then returned with a vengeance when I went by Caribou Coffee for carmellos and they didn't have them. I raced to the liquor store to get some Bailey's instead and had Bailey's & milk for a nightcap. I was hoping it would pack enough punch so I could sleep through the night but it didn't.

Got up and felt generally low. Got a beautiful email from jneal that made me cry and continued to cry for quite a while. Tried to put on a pair of my jeans, they didn't fit so I cried a bit more. Had to take my cat to the vet before going to do project records with tmart and that went horribly wrong also. Po was fine, I handed him over saying "He's a great cat, doesn't claw or anything" when he proceeded to have a psychotic break and wildly claw at the two assistants. The receptionist comes running out asking me to let them sedate him if necessary - another $43 bucks. What choice do I have? He's got to have the shots so I say okay, hoping he'll calm down.

Do project records all day, have lunch with tmart and fcoo and all that's okay. Go back to pick up Po and they *did* have to sedate him. He never calmed down, growled and swiped all day long. He was in a cardboard carrier acting like the cat in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (the one in the box wrapped as a package?). Get this - as soon as I took him outside by the car, he calmed down. He cried all the way home but nothing more - no growling or clawing. Got right out of the carrier like nothing was wrong.

The rest of the day didn't go much better until I went to one of Christine McMahon's Asatti lectures that evening. I'll blog about the content of the lecture later - I need to let the info percolate a bit...

Speaking my peace @ 1:30 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |