.

The means ARE the ends

Saturday, January 31, 2004

tidbittles

I enjoy Middle Eastern dance and found a good online resouce. It's actually a magazine but they've got some good info online too.

I've heard about this spread of the 'Western' beauty ideal - especially into the African and Asian countries. In fact, I think I read an article about the Miss Africa chosen either this year or last year - that she was the first one who didn't look like the other women in the country...sad. I'm just really sorry that twisted idea of beauty has become so globally pervasive.

Oh - should we clap and jump up and down with glee now that the media's sort of getting a clue?

Another story on the increasingly blurred line news & entertainment...

I understand a TV station not wanting to air advocacy ads but I thought they'd agreed to air an ad for the right. Can't remember...

Speaking my peace @ 4:18 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |