.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Rant from dmclell

Here's an email I got from a good friend - rant on lady! BTW - the compliment to my blog was completely unsolicited LOL

=====================================================================================================

I just love your blog. Where do you find all this great stuff!??

May I guest blog? I just have to get this out. WTF is wrong with people? How can a two faced, unabashed PAC grub with a dismal record like John Kerry and that pie faced, smug a-hole with zero political record John Edwards be beating Howard Dean? How? I cannot believe I live in a country where people are so friggin vapid.

OK I watch a lot of tv and I read a lot of diverse publications. I'm talking A to Z here. I can READ, BFD. I have a poly sci degree. But I'm no rocket scientist or political junky. I consider myself to be a very average person politically speaking. However even I am utterly FLUMMOXED by this. Howard Dean is the first straight talking, balanced, up front politician I've seen in my lifetime and he is doing dismally. He has a very effective record as governor; I could spend all day pointing out the holes in John Kerry and Edward's political records. P.S. I'M A LIFE LONG REPUBLICAN. My family is just to the right of Genghis Khan. But OMG you have to be living under a rock these days not to poke your head and out and look around at your options.

Worst of all, I have this sneaking suspicion my own gender is somewhat to blame. I cringe so much when I see things like this that I block them out but I **swear** I saw something about 45% of Iowan women who voted for Edwards did so at least in part because of the 'cute factor'; women find John Kerry to "appear presidential". Whothe-f cares?? Jabba the Hutt can be my president if he can get rid of the deficit, get us out of Iraq and end this country's bleeding out of jobs. Girls I hope you find the Johns as "cute" when you figure out we now live in a really big Jamaica-esque economy. If you are for the Johns based on their records or their ideas or anything concrete, more power to you. But where did you get your information because I can't find it!??
=====================================================================================================

'nuff said...

Speaking my peace @ 1:23 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |