.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, December 08, 2003

Kucinich for President

I've started getting involved in the effort to have Dennis Kucinich nominated as the Democratic presidential candidate. I'm in NC so I do have some doubts about his success in this state but I'm giving it a try. We're working on a letter writing campaign to residents of Iowa and New Hampshire. I've read about political campaigns and the strategies they use to win voters but this is the first time I've participated. You definitely have to believe in what you're writing about. Even though I don't know these people, it feels pretty personal to send them hand written letters espousing a candidate.

I think one of the reasons it feels so personal is that it feels like I'm taking some responsibility if he's totally terrible! I can take comfort in the fact that he could NEVER be as bad as the current administration. It's still a bit disconcerting to read all the stuff he says he'll do if he's elected and KNOW that almost none of that stuff will happen. There's no way it could all happen in just four years (so he could run for a 2nd term true). However, he could definitely get things moving in the right direction and that's what I'm hoping for. I think it's going to take several presidents to straighten out the mess we're in and Dennis could be the one to lead the march.

Speaking my peace @ 8:46 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |