.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Life goes on...

Things are moving along - got my unemployment stuff done, am getting some of the specialty boxes I need to move and have started more actively job hunting in the portland area. i'd like to find part time work with a nonprofit - that would be nice. Nice to think I'm doing more than helping some gazillionaire get richer. Nothing wrong with money, I'm just ready to work for an organization that focuses on something else.

On a sadder note, my martial arts teacher's wife is very ill. She was just put in the hospital and they don't know if she's going to be able to come home. They showed me more love and acceptance than my 'real' family and I don't know if I can handle this gracefully. I'm driving up this weekend to see them but I'm scared to death of what I'll find. Will it be any help if I just dissolve into tears? I don't know but I do know that I love them and the least I can do is offer what little support and comfort I can.

Speaking my peace @ 11:23 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |