.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, November 30, 2003

More on energetic communication

I've been thinking a LOT lately about how I'm going to introduce and teach the concept of energetic communication. I believe that by the time I'm ready to do so, there will be more literature and research so that will help. It's funny, I've found myself thinking about different exercises I'd like to try out in class, different ways to teach the concepts and how to make the differentiation between energetic communication and spirituality.

I just finished listening to Christine MacMahon's CD on relationships and energy exchanges and realized two things: I have a LOT more to learn about the subject before I can even think about teaching it and secondly, it's SO much more beneficial if you're doing it conjunction with spiritual and emotional work. Although my intent is to teach people how to determine WHAT'S going on energetically and to also determine HOW they want to respond, I strongly feel the most important piece of that equation is WHY you choose the response you choose. That's the most powerful piece - understanding where you're responding from and why.

It's going to be interesting, learning how to teach the one without emphasizing the other. It's not that I wouldn't want to help people find their path, it's that ANYONE can learn about energetic communication without having to be on a spiritual path. That's what I think is one of the strong points for this type of program - although you don't have to be actively searching, it will be blindingly obvious that doing your spiritual work will greatly enhance your energetic communicative abilities. It's like diet and exercise. Either one done separately will help you feel better and make you healthier, but done together their power increased exponentially.

So teaching energetic communication without the *necessity* of spiritual work is actually a nice way to ease people into thinking more about themselves, their choices, and their experience. A neat way to get them thinking about spiritual and emotional stuff without forcing them into it.

Speaking my peace @ 3:23 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |