.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Oh, I just gave up

and wiped the drive and have been reinstalling everything for the last four hours. I've still got quite a ways to go, am getting ready to reinstall Office and that usually takes a while. Reconfiguring Outlook will probably be the biggest chunk of time - especially since my Rules settings aren't saved & I have to recreate them all.

I've installed Thunderbird and was thinking of switching to it as my mail client but it doesn't have a calendar - something that's absolutely necessary for me. I had also thought about migrating completely to Open Office but, again, it's a question of whether or not I want to do the learning & migrating chores. I've been an MS Office gal for so long that while I could certainly use OO in a pinch, I'm not sure if I want to make it my primary toolkit.

Speaking my peace @ 10:26 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |