.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Not looking forward to this

but I'm going to reformat my main drive, reinstall Windows and start the excrutiating process of setting my PC up again. I've tried to get rid of the one lingering, malicious little bastard (I think it's Look2Me) but I've had no luck. I've found the bad .dll's but can't get rid of them, even booting to Safe mode or via a DOS prompt.

I wouldn't be that concerned about them but somehow, one of these little monsters did something to fuck up not only my Windows Installer but also my NAV email protection. I can't uninstall/reinstall NAV b/c Windows Installer is fucked up (or is acting fucked up). I've tried to use the Windows Installer utility that (supposedly) works around the Installer but it won't work either.

[ARGH ARGH ARGH]

I've spent this evening backing stuff up to my alternate drive & (for additional safety) some to CD's. What's extra specially sucky is that I've got a lot of little stuff that I've now got to find install CD's for and that means time digging around in the storage area. I am going to try one more thing - posting to a board I found - but I'm just sick of all the random weird shit & my inability to fix it!

Speaking my peace @ 9:05 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |