.

The means ARE the ends

Saturday, November 06, 2004

The week ends

It's Saturday. The Saturday after the election and I'm actually considering pulling the tarp off Edina (my motorcycle) and going for a spin. For me, that's crazy because it's only going to be 57 degrees here today and I'm certain I'll freeze my ass off. For some reason, however, I feel the need to just go. I'd go for a long hike if I were in the country and could be away from the cars & buildings but I'm not. I'm in a neighborhood and anywhere I walk I have to watch out for cars and stay off the road.

Why would a motorcycle ride help? Specially since it's a vehicle itself and I'd be on the road the whole time? I'm not entirely certain but there's something about the wind rushing past and feeling the air on your body that kind of washes away thoughts and ill will. It's cleansing, in a way.

Well, I went out to check on Edina and she won't start. Battery sounds okay but she won't catch. I'm appalled at how bad my mechanical trouble-shooting skills are. It's pretty sad, especially at the end of *this* week. I'm surprised I'm able to blog coherently.

Jneal suggested I take a trip to the coast or something else to just get out. I called sbar and mdal to see if either one wanted to go see The Incredibles tonight but both were a no go. Now, I'm feeling much less motivated to do anything other than vegetate...

Speaking my peace @ 9:55 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |