.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, November 01, 2004

Who's NOT supporting Kerry?

The peace people, as far as I can tell. I just heard an Air America news byte and the announcer was talking about all these high level military folk who are backing Kerry. It struck me, hard, that we put SO MUCH importance on approval from the military - how about some importance on the people who support peace?

I know there are many people in the activist communities who are going to vote for Kerry but most of the people I know are supporting him (mainly) because he's not Bush. Never forget, although Kerry may be the nicer side of the coin, he's still part of the same slice of society that Bush is and he hasn't said anything about moving our country towards a more peaceful existence.

"Stronger at home and respected in the world" does NOT automatically mean peacebuilding, either at home or in the world.

Speaking my peace @ 8:03 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |