.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Fear and trepidation

I'm afraid

for my young friends, who will, most likely, be subject to a draft for a war they don't believe in.

for my women friends, me included, who may be subject to a group of rich, white, neo-con, males telling them what they cannot do with their bodies.

for children in the public schools - that they'll be so indoctrinated into one set of beliefs that our hope for the future is jeopardized.

for those of us who speak out, that we'll be arrested and jailed for that speaking.

for my queer friends who have been sent a screamingly painful message about their place in our society.

for the rest of the world, as they bear much of the brunt of US actions

for the countries the US may invade and all the people who suffer as a result

for the poor, hungry, homeless, and destitute in this country. There is little hope in sight right now.

Most of all, I am filled with a deep and bitter sense of shame. Shame that I live in a country where so many people could support such an anti-humanitarian, anti-hope, anti-ethical regime. I am so so sorry - we tried and we failed. We will keep fighting but many will suffer from our failure and that knowledge weighs heavily on my heart.

Speaking my peace @ 5:52 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |