.

The means ARE the ends

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Feeling downhearted

Even though I KNOW that there are millions of votes that still have to be counted, I have to say that the media spinsters have definitely affected me. Those motherfuckers have all but named Bush the 'winner', even though Florida has 1 million or so uncounted absentee ballots and the other states aren't in yet. What the fuck?

I've tried really hard to be compassionate and understanding; to know that people are afraid, that they've bought the media stories about terror and BushCo's ability to 'keep them safe'. What a bunch of effin stupid sheep. Bush is a goddamn psycho and the herd of mongrels around him are a pack of raving, evil, power-snatching lunatics.

How the fuck can people vote for someone who has rammed our country into massive, unbelievable debt, taken us into an illegal war, supported a cabinet member who's directly responsible for okaying innumerable, horrible acts of torture, illegally manipulated funds, awarded no-bid contracts to companies who are now raping the US and its soldiers, promised to put ultra-conservative (probably Christian) judges on the Supreme court bench, KNEW about the possiblity of a 9/11 and blew off the warnings, done NOTHING to improve our homeland safety, and is an absolute top-of-the line example of everything our country purports to stand against?

How can I hold up my head and say that I'm a global citizen? Will the other countries in the world see how hard we've worked to try and make things different - will they be able to forgive us if Bush does win? Can I forgive all those people who voted that fucker in? I don't know. I've tried so hard not to be angry at *all* Republicans or *all* conservatives and I don't know if I can continue to be compassionate.

Do they have any idea what they're doing? Do they?

Speaking my peace @ 10:49 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |