.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, August 16, 2004

tidbittles

The alternative Nobel Prize awards. I think I'd rather win one of these. I happened across these while researching Vandana Shiva and am wondering why on earth I haven't heard about these before.

You know, I just don't fucking get it. I've tried really hard not to move to the "Dems v Rep" mentality because I think it's damaging to our country as a whole. I've tried really hard to hold the idea that Republicans aren't all bad/idiotic/etc. But sheer fucking stupidity like this just makes me nuts.

Yoo-hooooo - there's still a war going on!

I have to admit that I think it's a bit surreal also.

Why does this story bother me? I guess I don't like the idea that the military has that much say in federal funding to colleges. There are some good points on both sides, however, so I guess it' just my anti-military bias peeping out.

I'm almost positive that I ranted and raved about the electoral college problem way back when but don't think I was blogging then. I remember almost bursting blood vessels because everyone just seemed to overlook that teensy little issue.

I have to say that I certainly wouldn't give the current incompetents in office credit for leaking vital info as part of a diabolically clever, high-level manuever. The simpler of the two explanations is that they're just idiots.

What is chilling about this ongoing effort to supress votes is that I feel quite certain that Florida's not the only place it's happening. I wonder who else is being threatened that we're not hearing about?

I think it's great that more effort is being made to bring technology to impoverished neighborhoods, but I have to wonder whether it's really should be the top priority?

Media literacy and choice - our world is opening up.

A cool interview with Dan Gillmore in which he talks about grassroots media and citizen journalists. His new book is We the Media: Grassroots Journalism by the People, for the People

A fascinating interpretation of the movie The Village.

More mea culpa

Speaking my peace @ 5:54 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |