.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, August 16, 2004

Creaks and crackles

You know, for some reason, it just never occured to me that I actually have to take care of my body ON AN ONGOING BASIS in order for it to stay healthy. I figured I could exercise, get it going, and then turn it loose and not worry anymore. Guess what? That doesn't work!!

Yes - I realize that you may be scratching your head and wondering what world I've been in for the last 36 years, but I've been here - fumbling along and wondering why my physical body kept demanding all sorts of attention. Well, I get the whole eat/breathe/sleep/natural functions thing, but for some reason, I didn't understand that I need to exercise regularly and eat healthy foods regularly in order to keep it in optimum condition.

Not that I have any experience with optimum condition, mind you. I'm just now getting to fair and reasonable condition. I'm not sure if I'll make it to optimum condition but I am, for the first time, enjoying inhabiting my body. yay body!

Speaking my peace @ 12:28 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |