.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, August 22, 2004

A quickie

It's pretty early and I'm getting ready for my last trip to the YWCA summer camp on the coast. It finally started raining yesterday evening and it's gray and overcast. For all my whimpering and whining about the heat, I have to admit that I also enjoy getting up to a sun-kissed, albeit cool, morning. What I'm trying to say is that I'm seriously struggling to get my ass in gear. Of course, it doesn't help that I stayed up kinda late watching women's platform diving.

I suppose I'm going to have to get accustomed to this sort of gray, rainy, sleep-inducing morning - from what I hear, that's gonna be the standard for about 6 months or so. I think that's why everyone out here has been so happy about the hot, dry weather - they've had so many of these 'sleep in' mornings that they probably don't need any sleep for another twenty years or so!

On a completely different topic - I finally found a barn and a trainer. Yep, after 3 months or so of not riding and 6 months without a coach, I found someone I think is going to be really good. I also decided to start volunteering at Free Geek and am going to go through their Build program. So far, it's darn tootin' fun - cool people and enough technology gurus/gadgets/conversation to satisfy ANYONE'S inner geek! Added bonus - they're an OSS shop so not only do I get to learn about open source, I get to support the entire open source community - including information and media :)

Speaking my peace @ 7:04 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |