.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Somber reflection

This post is a reflection on my thoughts when I saw the World Trade Center buildings fall. My first thought was "Our government knew about this" and my second thought was "Our government was involved in this". It says a lot about the type of person I was that I didn't think about the victims first or weep at the incredible loss of life and the demonstration of hatred towards America. I don't particularly miss that person but it pains me to realize that at least some of what I thought may be correct.

If someone like me, not terribly politically sophisticated, saw that and immediately began questioning what happened, why has it taken our government so long to uncover any of the facts? If a political neophyte like myself thought it was obvious that there was NO connection between 9/11 and Iraq, how is it that our political representatives, media, and other leaders were so willing to believe?

So many mistakes, lies, misdirections, and denials. So much sorrow, grief, anger, hatred, and guilt. I know that peace is here, that it is constantly with us, but it seems far far away from our country and our world right now. I know that our planet and our race are at a turning point, a chance to move forward - with a new perspective and new way of relating - but we could also choose to keep in the path we're taking now. I believe that path leads to despair and darkness.

Pray peace, pray love, pray joy

Speaking my peace @ 8:46 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |