.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, May 31, 2004

for REAL???

(Disclaimer: This is a continuation of my uneventful holiday weekend memorium so just skip it if you're looking for anything remotely informational)

Because I have nothing else to do, I'm currently watching E!'s Top 101 Starlicious Makeovers. I realize that such a show should be beneath my notice but, for today, it isn't. Because it is so totally devoid of content, I thought I would make a couple of observations. These are not new and exciting comments, nor are they new and exciting ideas. I just have nothing else to do so I'm attempting to find meaning somewhere.

Observations:

    Mickey Rourke looks like an alien in bad disguise.

    Any woman over 40 in Hollywood, no matter how drop dead gorgeous, is considered a freak of nature. The unspoken message is clear: These few women have managed to defy time, but the rest of you idiots are not gonna be so lucky.

    'Extra' weight is NOT ACCEPTABLE

    Heavy pancake makeup and fear-inducing amounts of mascara are NOT OPTIONAL

    Breasts are okay as long as they're not too big

    Big boobs do not equal brilliance

    Women are only considered expectional if they lose over 75 lbs, dye their hair blonde, and get invited to pose for Playboy (a.k.a Carney Wilson).

    Men are considered exceptional if they can fog a mirror.

We're only up to about 70 now but the Jacksons are coming...AAAACCCKKK!!! It's a MichToya monster!

Speaking my peace @ 4:12 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |