.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, May 28, 2004

super evening!

For those who don't know, I took up bellydancing several months ago - studied initially with the fabulous, fabulous Fariba until I moved. I haven't found anyone out here yet but that may have changed tonight. I went by the bdance class at school, met the teacher & found out there was dancing at a restaurant tonight and decided to go. mstach went with me and it was great to finally see some live dancing.

the really cool part is that one of the dancers was absolutely stunning! well, she walked by our table after her set and I started talking to her and we ended up chatting for quite a while. We exchanged info - mainly b/c I'm interested in checking out the troupe she dances with and seeing if they're people I'd like to dance with.

I also got to see Sharita (the teacher) dance and she was just great. She did a cool veil dance (kept the veil on most of the dance) and a great routine standing on a chair. I'm definitely going to visit her studio & see if I can afford some lessons.

All in all, a successful networking evening...

btw - it turns out that there is a dancer here who's also named Fariba and who may be a bit of a character. I've gotten extremely mixed reactions when I tell people that I started with Fariba and have to hasten to mention that it's East Coast Fariba, not the local Fariba. LOLOLOL

Speaking my peace @ 11:55 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |