.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

great insight

Here's a quote from a lovely article jneal sent me from innerself.com:

=========================================
"...Sometimes I think of the connection to spirit as being like a phone line. The connection is always open: it's our half of the relationship to stay available for incoming calls. Sometimes I turn the ringer off. Sometimes I ignore the ringing. Sometimes I pick up the phone with suspicion. Sometimes I hang up in anger. Sometimes I get impatient at the interruption. Sometimes I have no idea how to respond. The problem is not in the sending, but in the receiving. And unlike a lot of other calls, the one from spirit is the one we are hoping to receive..."
========================================

I don't know about you, but that pretty much sums up my relationship with the universe on most days. I wonder what my cold-blooded phone killing says about my connection to the divine right now...

Speaking my peace @ 6:54 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |