.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Big decision

I've decided - I'm going to leave for Portland on February 16th. Interviews for the mentoring position begin on the 16th also. I'm absolutely psyched about that and I feel good about my chances of getting a position. All I have left is to write my two papers and get my letters of reference then I can submit my application. I'd like to have it submitted by the first week in Jan.

I'll start looking (seriously) for a place to live on Jan 5th. That's the first working day back after all the holidays and will give me about 5 weeks to play with. If I leave on the 16th, that means I'll double pay rent for two weeks only - not too terrible. I'll also start moving stuff over to my brother's that next weekend. After I get most of that stuff moved, I'll contact a moving company - I should have a better estimate of how much stuff is going with me.

I can also work on selling my dining room set and my washer/dryer. My friend robell is going to take the cubicle. Her hubby and son are going to come up in Jan and pick it up. I guess I'll ask them to mark the weekend of the 31st to come get it.

Note: Although I'm happy, it's also sinking in some...I'm really leaving. I've set the date and it's becoming more and more real....

Speaking my peace @ 4:17 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |