.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Implications for America?

How will the American people respond to Saddam's (alleged) capture? Will they forgive and forget everything else that Bush and his warmongering cronyistic cabinet have done? What frightens me is that Americans were so quick to believe everything the Bush people told them initially and this one event could be spun endlessly to make them look victorious all around. Will the fact that BushCo has raped and pillaged our country's tangible and intangible assets just get lost in the endless celebration of this one capture?

Another interesting thought - how convenient would it be if Bin Laden were suddenly captured? I realize that I could just be having a case of the 'I hate Bush and don't want to see him successful in *anything*" jitters but I don't know. This is a big deal and the white house has proven themselves masters at spinning anything to their advantage. I wonder how the progressives are going to respond to this? Are we going to be strong enough to continue sending the message that Bush and his pals are seriously damaging our country & have to go? People were sort of starting to listen before this, will they continue listening?

Speaking my peace @ 5:47 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |