.

The means ARE the ends

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Just got home from my trip and am planning my move to Portland. My heart's already there - I can feel it :) I'm pretty thrilled about the whole thing - can't wait to get started in the program. I may move out even earlier than I expected - depending on what happens at work and whether or not I have the option to transfer my lease to a property out there. Who knows? Moving earlier has its advantages though - I could get settled, get all the training for the mentoring program and find some part time and/or contracting work while waiting for the summer session to begin.

Did get to meet with the director of the Peace & NonViolence Studies program - he was great also and I totally enjoyed the conversation. It's just so incredible that there's this whole world of people out there who like to think about and discuss the same things I'm interested in. Admitted, I'm quite afraid of sounding like an idiot or a blowhard but I think I managed a credible round of discussions on Monday LOL BTW - I get the feeling that although they're technically separate programs they're fairly closely linked. I'm all for that - just gives me more stuff I can learn about!

One thing I really feel I need to mention - getting the master's degree is secondary here. The pull for me is the learning. The learning and meeting the people. One of the reasons I've been feeling restless in Charlotte is that there is no sangha here - no community of practicioners. I have never felt I would find the people I really need to push myself to the next level. Now I've found them. What an amazing feeling.

I do have TONS more stuff to put up here - I just finished reading my first issue of Ode and Yes! and got some GREAT stuff from them. However, that'll have to wait until I get my clothes washed...pew!

Speaking my peace @ 6:19 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |