.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, October 27, 2003

Even Bush's own party is starting to feel the love.

On another note - something even more shocking (if at all possible) - I just heard about the BBC story on the 'rescue' of Jessica Lynch. I suppose it's possible that they dreamed this up but why? And if this is true, it's one of the saddest things I've heard about the war so far.

It would make me angry but it just makes me sad. I know a couple of SF personnel and to think that the SF participated (either knowingly or unknowingly) in this type of charade is just gross. The people I know are very dedicated to their calling and are passionate about what they do. To take their committment to each other and their committment to their country and turn it into a sideshow is disgusting. If I were an SF soldier, I would be sick to hear about something like this

As I've said before - I don't believe in the American military machine but I do believe in the men and women who feel called to serve and protect this country and I feel it's completely wrong to use them in such a degrading manner. I guess I shouldn't be too terribly surprised - the administration doesn't seem to care who gets hurt in its rush to gather even more power. They've abused the military as much or more than the other citizens of the US, why would they feel any remorse over something like this?

I know there's a saying: "Be careful what you energize (or what you focus your attention on)" so I'm not going to spend any more time on this but I did find it shocking. I will only say that my sympathy and compassion for our soldiers (both the elite and regular forces) grows each day - they need to come home.

Speaking my peace @ 4:52 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |