.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, October 27, 2003

Okay - so I've *really* had my head in the sand to miss the whole J Lynch's 'faked' rescue and then the proposed assassination plot - or was it just not really covered in our news at all? Of course, there is the fact that I haven't been following the news lately - precisely because I was tired of hearing all the depressing and negative talk about economy, war, results of war, international crisis & hate, etc...

As with almost everything handled by our current government, the true facts will probably never be known. What really happened was probably a bit of everything that's been reported - some hollywoodizing, work, drama, danger, heroism, lying, media management, and the rest of it. Sad thing is - this buts a bit of a tarnish on the whole rescue operation - makes me wonder if she was ever in the kind of danger that was portrayed? Not that she was 'safe' - being sent to fight a war doesn't consitute 'safe' in any manner - but that perhaps the Iraqis weren't torturing her and planning on killing her as we were told...

We'll probably never know but I'm glad the SF & elite forces guys did their job and got her home safely.

Speaking my peace @ 5:32 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |