.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, August 29, 2005

Who says men don't feud & gossip?

So my (somewhat nominal) boss is on vacation again this week and once again, here come the office politics and gossip. Apparently, some of the people in the office don't like Boss so they have been avoiding his presence for the last 3-4 weeks since he got back from his other week off. What I find somewhat funny but also annoying is that they try to pump me for information about Boss and what he thinks or has said about them. Of course, I say nothing because I'm not getting in the middle of some man-fight over who did or didn't do what.

It's interesting that I've always said that I don't "get" office politics but that isn't true. I get them alright, I'm actually pretty good at sussing out the power structure and general dynamics. What I am NOT interested in is getting drawn in - especially here, where I'm a temp. In some ways, it isn't about politics but about relationships and I try to be careful to maintain a fairly neutral relationship with those I come into contact with. Anyway, I'm refraining from any comment beyond what's absolutely necessary to help these guys get their work done.

Don't let anyone tell you that gossip is the sole purvue of women cause it ain't so.

Speaking my peace @ 9:17 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |