.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, January 17, 2005

Self justification

I'm not entirely sure how I can justify having four days off and having done reading for only one class. I've done any number of school-related tasks but, somehow, I just couldn't get all the reading done. I did manage to plow through an incredibly dry book for my Urban Schools class - a book, I might add, that seems extremely limited and somewhat irrelevant to the course. I did not manage to do any of the reading for my psych course or for the nonviolence class.

I'm assuming my reading procrastination comes from an both extreme aversion to dense academic articles (psych) and an incredible attraction to laziness. In fact, I'd say that the laziness probably played a much greater role than the aversion. lval actually told me tonight that she held me up as an example of a good student to her partner. I was quick to correct her in that I am superb at giving the appearance of a good student but not always so good at the follow through. It also doesn't hurt that can I talk the academic bullshit with the best of them, often without doing assigned reading...

Speaking my peace @ 9:04 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |