.

The means ARE the ends

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Just another example

American arrogance continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Considering that our initial aid package to help with tsunami relief was [embarrassed cough] $15 million that was only grudgingly increased to [another embarrased cough] $40 or so million after enormous public outcry, I'm not entirely sure why hearing that the US is now planning to spend $37.5 million on our own tsunami warning system surprises me.

Hey - if the white house can spend $40 million inagurating an unelected person into office (again), why not?

This is why I'm not blogging on politics anymore and why I only keep up with the bare minimum of what's going on in the US - I'm sickened, disgusted, and ashamed at the selfishness and ignorance of the people making decisions. I'll get through these next few years by focusing on what I can do to help and not so much on how much I am revolted by the current state of my government.

Speaking my peace @ 6:14 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |