.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, June 25, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

I saw the movie on opening day, a 2:00 show, and it was packed. I just returned from a Moveon.org house party/live phone conference with Michael. Portland had the largest house party in the nation with probably 800-900 people attending.

Because there's so much good commentary already, I won't add anything here except to say that I enjoyed the film immensely, cried a great deal, and am thinking I'll see it again. One thing I will say about the film is this: Regardless of whether you agree with his views (stated or implied), the film is at least getting people talking - talking about serious issues that they haven't been talking about before. It also runs the risk of polarizing but I don't know that things will get much more polarized than they already are. At worst, the film will probably bring some people to the Democratic side.

I did hear that the film sold out in Fayetteville, NC and Greensboro, NC. I was thrilled about Fayetteville because it's a big military town. Hopefully the film touched hearts and brought more people down on the liberal side of the fence. Thanks Michael - for giving the American public a good kick where it was needed.

Speaking my peace @ 10:16 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |