.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, May 07, 2004

some conflict resolver

Well, I ran into some conflict with my new next door neighbor and, believe it or not, it didn't go so well. I've already told the silly little backstory to a couple of friends so I'm not going to tell it again but the conversation today did *not* go well. In fact, he ended up shutting the door in my face. What I really want to do right now is explain everything that happened to lead up to the door shutting and then explain some more about what I think, etc. At this point, all that stuff seems pretty pointless as he wasn't even willing to have a discussion with me.

It's possible that I've done something to offend him or it's possible that his hostility has nothing to do with me - who knows? Obviously, I don't want to have this horrible relationship with someone who lives so close to me but I have no idea how to proceed. I asked bgor and she mentioned maybe making a peace offering but I'm *so* not ready to do that yet. I'm pissed that he was so hostile and rude to me - I don't want to have to deal with him at all. I'm also not interested in any sort of retaliation drama or power plays but I feel stuck.

There are no guidelines or official policies in place so I can't take the higher authority route as I've done before when speaking to uncooperative neighbors didn't work. From the little contact I've had with him, my landlord appears to be pretty cautious about confronting conflict so I feel like I'm blowing in the wind.

If you have suggestions (nonviolent, collaborative suggestions), please let me know.

Speaking my peace @ 1:22 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |