.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Epiphany

I've had an epiphany, a revelation, a clarification of amazing proportions! I am a peace educator. All that remains is to complete my coursework and get the letters after my name. I've spent the last day and a half considering the CR program and determining whether or not it can still serve my needs. I'm working on developing a personalized curriculum that involves (hopefully) replacing some core courses with peace studies courses and adding some courses in educational leadership & educational foundation.

I've got an appointment to talk to someone in the educational master's program to make sure the courses I'm interested in are actually what I'm looking for. I've also found courses in speech communication and anthropology that look good. I've got to talk to my program director and see how much flexibility he's willing to give me to create my own curriculum. Hopefully he'll allow me quite a bit but, if he's not comfortable with it, I'll do some looking around at either the education program or the interdisciplinary programs. I don't really want to leave CR but I'm absolutely *not* willing to continue with a program, pay big bucks, and vest a lot of time/energy in something that isn't what I'm passionate about.

I'm sure it'll all work out okay. What's most important is that I've found my focus. Peace educator.

Speaking my peace @ 9:58 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |