.

The means ARE the ends

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Two depressing stories

I thought I'd blogged about the 'reinstate the draft' rumors that started several months ago but I can't find the post so perhaps I didn't. At any rate, the rumor's been wandering around for a few months now but the topic finally made the Washington Post today. That makes me think it's more serious now. What's also scary is that some cities & such have been considering putting infrastructure in place for 'voluntary' sign up areas, other than at recruiting offices I think. Gee, wonder if that infrastructure would be helpful if the draft is reinstated?

Secondly, and this made me cry, Bush's remarks about Iran. For the 3.5 people that read this blog, you probably don't even need to ask why those statements upset me so much. Bush is sick. There is something so fundamentally twisted about how he views the world that I can't, on any level, find common ground with what his goals appear to be. How could he even CONSIDER that we would allow him to invade yet another country? Well, because we fucked up and let him do it twice. Maybe he thinks third time's a charm. It scares me to think what could happen if he tries it again.

Thanks to thast for these depressing pieces of news. Actually, they blew my sixth chakra right out. I had to stop & do some serious energy work on it to get it back and get rid of the looming headache.

Speaking my peace @ 1:07 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |