.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, April 16, 2004

On a more personal note

Although the workload at school is nothing like the workload I carried at UNCC (thank the universe!), the last two weeks have been busy. I've been meeting people & working with thast on conference stuff for the summer. I've also just set up several meetings with various people to discuss possible capstone (thesis) projects. I've already got some ideas and the sooner I define them, the better I can structure my classes to support what I want to do.

I'm also trying to stay fairly active in the community and keep up with stuff that's happening. I'm meeting with a pretty well known community leader that thast introduced me to - I'm going to ask her about my potential project and I think she wants to talk about a project she's working on. She could be a great person for me to do some practicum work with. I'm also talking to one of my instructors about doing some outreach/education work around the new conflict resolution center the program is developing on campus. What I'd like to do is go into classrooms, student meetings & such and give short talks about the center & its purpose. That could be cool & it would be great experience discussing conflict resolution.

So lots of meetings going on, in addition to the normal reading/writing associated with class. My mentoring class is wonderful but I still feel a bit overwhelmed. Honestly, I think it's because they have *so* much information to give us. They've done an awesome job pulling it all together but I still am not quite sure if I'm missing assignments & such. These last two weeks especially were busy - I had class last weekend and then spent quite a bit of time on Tuesday observing a mentoring session and a class session. I know I have to write about them but I'm not sure when or what the format is supposed to be...

I haven't done much blogging lately I'm missing it a bit LOL I got used to writing pretty regularly and find I just don't always want to sit down & write. I've got a bunch of items piled up to review, perhaps I'll get to them sometime this weekend. Not too likely, considering I have a leadership seminar on Saturday & then Kucinich is going to be a festival downtown Sunday. Hell, I can't even find time to cook all the fabulous produce I picked up two days ago!

Speaking my peace @ 10:17 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |