.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Project update

I'm working on a couple of projects, one for Oregon Peace Works and one for my grad department at school. I'm working a website for each of them - only a couple of sections for the Peace Works site but basically the whole schmoo for the deparment site. It's pretty fun stuff - I like it because it's more experience for me & lets me keep my hand in with content & info design. I've called myself a tech writer for quite a while now, it's going to be interesting to see how my tech writing skills fit into this new life.

I'm also working with one of my instructors on our War and Peace in the Media conference for July this year. I have this great feeling that it's going to be an outstanding conference. We're going to work on designing the artwork & initial 'nice' posters, along with the website, over the next week to 10 days. I'm a bit nervous about the poster thing b/c graphic design isn't my bag. I'm hoping someone will come along and a fabulously designed poster will just fall into our laps LOL

School starts in less than two weeks...

by the way - To those of you who read this blog (all two of you), I beg your indulgence for my lack of substantive writing lately. I haven't felt terribly inclined to do much reading or deep thinking (I guess my brain's trying to rest up for what's a'head' lol) so I'm behind on magazines as well as book reading. I've felt much more inclined to just wander around meeting people, viewing beautiful scenery, and listening to good bands. I've spent so much of my life in mental/learning mode that it's refreshing, relaxing, and purely enjoyable to ignore that whole thing for a while. I'm sure I'll be back in full swing not long after classes begin.

Speaking my peace @ 8:36 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |