.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, March 14, 2004

thoughts after the show

Both bands were good but not really my style. the venue was awesome and the crowd was pretty interesting but about the whitest crowd I've seen in a long long time...which makes for a pretty tidy segue into my point - Portland isn't, at first glance anyway, *nearly* as racially diverse as Charlotte. Shocking but true. Progressive city, diverse in many ways but racial diversity doesn't seem to be the name of the game. I kept looking around for the non-white (read 'black') people.

Being from the south, I use the word black. People here use African-American. I'm going to stick with black here just for reasons around brevity. I could use non-whites but I'm more specifically talking about black people. I've seen Asians (obviously), some Latinos, and a few Indians but that's about it.

Speaking my peace @ 12:57 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |