.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, January 25, 2004

could we piss off more people?

After reading about Katharine Gun I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything left in this country that's worth holding my head up over. I mean, are there ANY ethics left in our government at all? I'm sure countries spy on each other all the time - it's the unfortunate ones caught in the middle who either blow the whistle or lower their personal ethical standards & don't say anything.

This also goes to show how woefully uninformed I was about many of the events & circumstances surrounding the war effort. Although I did follow enough news to realize that there was no evidence to support any of the claims made by Bush, I obviously missed many other happenings. Even though I follow almost none of the mainstream media, you would think that this story would have made some major headlines. Apparently, you would have been wrong. This story didn't make it into any of the US media outlets until a few days ago when the NY Times ran it.

Almost a year later, a major American newspaper runs this story. Far far too late to have much effect on the war machine. But perhaps early enough to have an effect on whether or not Bush buys his way into the white house.

As if enough people in the world didn't hate us already...

Speaking my peace @ 7:05 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |