.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

A couple of comments

Okay - I had to hold off a bit until the red cloud of rage lifted and I could see through the haze of lies and distortion presented as the State of the Union last night.

Quote: ".... Already, the Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities and significant amounts of equipment that Iraq concealed from the United Nations..." WMD related program activities? Can you vague that up for us a little more Mr. Dumbass?

Quote: "...“If judges insist on forcing their arbitrary will on the people, the only alternative to the people will be the constitutional process” Ummmmm....if I remember correctly, judges forcing their arbitrary will on the people was okay when they gave you the election a couple of years ago - remember Mr. Not Duly Elected By the Process of Law? Not to mention that pesky Constitution thingy. I know you sicced Ashcroft on that thing - hasn't he gotten rid of it yet?

What I thought was really neat was watching the reactions to what he was saying. When the camera wasn't panning over the 1/3 to 1/2 of the audience shiteaters who stood and applauded when that sanctimonious bastard even breathed, did ya see how the military guys & gals were reacting? They could barely force their hands together. And they weren't the only ones, there was a lot of unenthusiastic applause and a lot of disbelieving looks. Hillary Clinton & Ted Kennedy got their looks captured on camera. The camera people, however, weren't too interested in capturing too many nonbelievers. Guess they were told to make it look like Bush has *lots* of people happy about his plans.

The Center for American Progress put up this great little checklist of issues. I printed one just so I could see if he accidentally talked about a real issue but I sure didn't have to worry - that bastard didn't address one single issue listed on my checklist.

You know, I realize it's pretty pointless to talk about how much I dislike the administration but I just feel so helpless to do anything right now. Other than speaking out about I feel, what is there to do except campaign for a Democratic hopeful? The bad thing is, I firmly believe that whatever you focus on you feed and all my focus on Bush is negative. So all I'm doing is feeding negative energy to an already bad situation. That doesn't help but it's hard to know what can...

Speaking my peace @ 8:19 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |